Wednesday, May 09, 2007
Sivaji - The Boss! Celebrations Started, Enjoy!!!
Yes, Indian Film Industry is eagerly waiting Reason? It's release of Rajni’s latest movie Sivaji.
Rajnikant's Remuneration = 2 * Remuneration of (Amitabh + Abhishek + Hrithik + Aamir + Shah Rukh). Releasing worldwide in 27 countries on same day with about 2900 theatres. (Earlier Record - Krish in 14 countries in 1200 theatres).
India-2200 theatres, China-211 theatres, Japan-130 theatres, Singapore, Malaysia, Hong Kong-100 theatres, Saudi Countries-100 theatres, USA-80 theatres, UK-70 theatres and this release is only behind Casino Royale which is released in 36 countries in 3200 theatres.
Rajnikant's Remuneration in his last 3 movies:
Baba 20 crores Chandramukhi 25+ crores Sivaji 40+ crores.
Rajnikant is only behind Jackie Chan in terms of remuneration in Asia.
1. Out of all the shankar movies this is the costliest. 68% of expenses he Spent for location and surprisingly 12% to graphics!!!! 8% to salary (Excluding of rajini) 8% for costumes 2% for a.r.rahman and other Techincians, and the balance 2% wastages
2. First time in tamil movie amitabh is joining with rajini... As guest Role.(becos of his convienence two days shooting has arranged in pune.!!
3. Similarly Malayam superstar mamooty and telugu megastar chiranjeevi are also acting in this movie for only one scene
4. Sivaji movie has sold already to Kerala for 6 crores,(all-time high)-the Luckiest person who got distribution is our actor vineeth
5. All time high in andhra pradesh-17 crores (sleepless night for all top hero's of Andhra)
6. All time high in karnataka 9 crores (the luckiest person who got distribution is our kannada hero ravichandran
7. The most expected and very big competition is going in tamil nadu, as per the latest information the final fight between sun-tv and reliance for around 80 crores including of satelitte/dvd/ audio rights
8. International rights for 100 US million dollars for 9 locations / countries including of dvd rights. Fight is going between "ayangaran" of canada and pyramid of india
9. AVM production announced they will give 25% profit to the charity (Sivaji Foundation) if the movie touch silver jubilee
10. First time in the history of rajini movie, he himself given interview, as this movie will be great success, courtesy times magazine.
11. As per the cover story of no:1 Japanese magazine called "tosho" has mentioned this movie has crossed the expectation of the holly wood movie of "casino royale" and the second highest paid actor in asia is our one and only super star Rajinkanth next to Jackie Chan .
12. Also the "tosho" magazine revealed the total revenue for AVM production, if the movie successfully runs for 50 days in southern region will be around 430 crores. First time this movie is going to be dubbed in local language of Turkey, Hausa, gonga (tribal language of south Africa) and kshinola (tribal Language of Argentina)
Ranjikant donated around 160 cores for charity (old age homes and orphanages) other than the trust he runs whose maintenance is around 17crores per annum.Rajnikanth to build hospital according to the reliable sources, super star Rajnikanth has bought eight acres of land at Ponneri (outskirts of Chennai), and propose to construct a hospital for the poor and needy, as well as to build a school there. Rajnikanth and his fans associations are known for their work towards social causes. Recently there was news that Rajnikanth sent in messengers along with help to those who crossed shores from Sri lanka to Rameswaram. Talks are that Latha Rajnikanth might take care of the proposed hospital and the school project at Ponneri. Latha Rajnikanth is running successfully "The Ashram" school in Chennai, also managing the Dhaya Foundation
Mini Biography :
Shivaji Rao Gaekwad (Rajnikanth) was born on December 12, 1949 in Karnataka. He was a bus conductor during which time he reportedly caught the fancy of the bus travellers with his mannerisms and style of issuing tickets and blowing the whistle and so on. Looking to become an actor, he moved to Chennai and joined the film institute. It was here that he caught the eye of K. Balachander, a director known for introducing talented, new faces into the tamil film industry. Balachander gave him a small role - as the no-good husband of Srividya - in Aboorva Raagangal and the rest, as they say, is history. Rajnikanth soon graduated to playing villains and his style, swagger and casually unique brand of villainy vowed the movie-going public. Be it the sadistic husband of Sujatha in Avargal or the wolf in sheep's clothing in Moondru Mudichu or the lust-filled village rowdy in Bharathiraja's 16 Vayadhinile, Rajnikanth was the villain the people loved to hate.From here, it was a small step for Rajni, playing the anti-hero and finally, the hero in Bhairavi. Rajnikanth firmly captured the vacant, action-hero slot in tamil movies with a series of movies where he routinely bashed up the bad guys who had done him injustice in one way or the other. Once in a while he did movies like Aarulirundhu Arubadhu Varai or Johny which gave us glimpses of his acting potential. But action was what the fans expected from a Rajni movie and action was what he gave them. He has been superstar for the past 25 years.
Friday, May 04, 2007
LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Shares of Yahoo Inc. (YHOO.O: Quote, Profile, Research soared as much as 19 percent to their highest level in nearly a year on Friday after two newspaper reports said the company and Microsoft Corp. (MSFT.O: Quote, Profile, Research were in preliminary merger talks to take on common foe Google Inc. (GOOG.O: Quote, Profile, Research
But the stock pulled back after contradictory reports said the two companies may work out a joint venture or another form of cooperation that would stop short of a full merger. A source close to the situation confirmed that any talks had cooled.
The Wall Street Journal initially said on Friday that the two companies had engaged in merger talks in recent months, but it said later that those talks were no longer active.
The paper, which put a price tag of $50 billion on a Yahoo takeover, said discussions continue between the two companies.
Yahoo's market value shot to $45 billion from $38 billion before the report. Microsoft is valued at a little more than $300 billion. Both companies declined to comment.
"It's been talked about for a long time, ever since Google came into the picture. I can't imagine a more perfect deal," said Peter Lobravico, vice president of risk arbitrage sales/trading at brokerage Wall Street Access.